Are you a small business owner/entrepreneur who wants to up scale your marketing? Do you want to come across to your audience as memorable, personable, and relatable? You don’t need to waste time chasing every new marketing trick or automation tool. You don’t have to run digital ads or hire video production companies. Honestly, it is as simple as planning a two hour photoshoot and it do wonders for your marketing! If you haven’t already guessed, I’m talking about photos of YOU, through the surprising fun experience of a branding lifestyle photoshoot!
What Exactly is Branding Lifestyle Photography?
A branding lifestyle photoshoot is a relaxed session that captures you naturally and beautifully. I’m not talking about a classic headshot, a lifestyle branding shoot is something between a documentary session and a magazine feature.
What are the Benefits of a Branding Lifestyle Photoshoot for Your Small Business?
- Branding lifestyle photoshoots create connection with your ideal client by showcasing your personality
- When your clients feel like they have a connection with you they are more likely to hire you.
- Photos of you in your space help humanize your brand.
- Photos of you in your favorite coffee shop or boxing at the gym showcase your “special sauce” and help people get to know you as a person, not just as a a business professional.
How Should I Prepare for my Branding Lifestyle Session?
- Choose 2-3 outfits that include some layers/accessories. I like to consult with a fashionable friend. Aim for one professional outfit, one casual outfit, and one outfit that you love and feel confident wearing. Keep in mind that solid colors generally photograph well.
- Get your hair and makeup done, it’ll give your confidence a boost.
- Choose branding material, products, and tools of the trade to feature in a few photos.
- Think about how you can showcase your creative process.
- Highlight your brand colors through your outfits, accessories, props, marketing material and products, etc.
- Choose two locations. Consider including your storefront, studio, workroom, favorite shop, cityscape, or even your home as a setting for your photos.
- Consider including your team, family, a client, or even your pet in a couple of images.
- Additional props to consider: phone, iPad, computer, workbag, office supplies, notebook, flowers, plants, artwork, calendar, client gifts, confetti, mode of transportation. Your creativity is encouraged. 🙂
- Lifestyle sessions are catered to capturing you authentically, so relax, have fun and enjoy yourself!
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, trust the process! (Even if you feel like I’m giving you crazy posing directions!) Please know I have years of experience posing people.
How Often Should I Hire a Branding Photographer?
I typically have branding sessions for my small business annually. I think it’s the best way to stay up to date and make sure your photos stay fresh and continue to match your brand aesthetic. You want customers to feel that your photos reflect your brand story.
How Can I Best Use the Portraits from My Session?
Use them at least a couple times per month on social media, preferably you should have at least one picture of you per every 9-12 photos. “About me” posts are great places to use them, in addition to in your email marketing, on your website, in your print ads, or in your client packets. Your face should show up nearly as often as your logo so your clients feel that they are connecting with someone authentically.
Why Should I Ignore the Negative Self Talk and Just Go for It?
I’ve heard a million reasons why it’s time to “wait” before scheduling a branding photoshoot, but I don’t agree with any of them!
- “I’m too old. If I were young, I would feel better about it.” No, no you wouldn’t. 😉
- “I want to lose weight first.” Please. You’re gorgeous.
- “I don’t look good in photos.” Leave that to me!
- “I don’t want to come across like I’m vain or self-absorbed.” You won’t, instead you’ll be seen as someone who is confident and authentic.
If you are ready to schedule your branding lifestyle shoot, please consider me as your photographer!