If your family is anything like my family, your children (and you) don’t want to give up all snacks and deserts. Although most nutritionists say giving up white sugar and white flour can make your family healthy, that is easier said than done! However, with a little change in your lifestyle, you can adapt your taste buds! Here are four recipes my family loves. I’ve included a couple photographs in the video. Let me know if you try any of these in the comments below! I hope to hear from you. 🙂
1. Paleo Lavender Madelines
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Lavender Buds
- 2/3 C Ghee, melted
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, lemon zest, and lavender buds until a smooth mixture is produced.
- Wish the dry ingredients in until just incorporated, and then add the ghee, whisking until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease madeline pan with ghee.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, filling 2/3 of each madeline well.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes when using a full-sized madeline pan (or around 5 minutes for a mini pan), until edges are browned slightly and spring back when pressed lightly. Tap to release the madelines. Enjoy.
2. Paleo Snickerdoodles
- 1 C Ghee, melted
- 1 C Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 and 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Cream together ghee and maple syrup.
- Add eggs, vanilla and mix well.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, salt and stir until combined.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place cookies on a stone or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.
- Remove immediately and cool on a cooling rack.
3. Paleo Pancakes
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Prepare on griddle.
- Enjoy with fresh fruit, apple butter or pure maple syrup.
4. Paleo Cherry Crisp
For the cherries:
- 10 ounce Dark Cherries
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the crisp:
- 1/2 Cup almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease six inch cast iron skillet.
- Mix together cherry ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Combine ingredients for crips and crumble onto cherries in pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until fruit is bubbling and topping is golden brown.